Noble Rot Magazine #29Normaler Preis €18,00
inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
NOBLE ROT - home of exciting wine and food writing.
Issue 29 “Blind Faith” – Published 1st July 2022
- A well-worn wine-trade legend involves a venerable merchant being asked when they last mistook Bordeaux for Burgundy. “Not since lunchtime” is their answer. Loved by some and reviled by many, the often-ignominious art of blind tasting – AKA trying to identify a wine without seeing the label – comes under the spotlight in the new issue of Noble Rot.
- interview king of interviewers Louis Theroux and disco queen Róisín Murphy. We find ourselves dancing to the tune of Theroux’s wiggle wiggle while Murphy tells Noble Rot agony uncle John Niven about her love of food over a pre-gig supper.
- travel to Andalusia to meet some of Sherry’s most exciting new winemakers, and profile Jura Yellow Wine, Emilia-Romagna’s Denavolo, Cretan wine, and Barbacàn, the Instagram dance sensations busting a move on Valtellina’s vertiginous slopes.
- hear about Pulp’s Jarvis Cocker‘Greatest Meal’ at New York’s The Four Seasons.
- Elsewhere, Marina O’Loughlinwishes chefs would stay in the kitchen, comedian Isy Suttie tells us how she found her passion for wine at Oddbins, Alice Feiring tells us why she’s not having ‘mouse taint’,
- Robert Waltersreflects on two pivotal vintages for Champagne, and Henry Harris professes his love for andouillette – France’s stinky sausage. Somebody open the windows!